Wednesday, December 20, 2006

My Prayers Aren't Enough

My job is going great. I fold towels masterfully. I enjoy being with people. I nearly have the register down. My first two days on the register, only two people, total paid cash. Funny world. I work from 7-1 or 2, or 8-2 or 3 with the weekends of. For that I get about $500 per 2 week period.

On the other hand, life is pouring poop. Mike lost his job, but has 3 weeks of severance pay. This happened two weeks ago. Mike is at a job interview now. I don't think it is the best option for him. He does have a few other alternatives. Still, it is Christmas, our rent is more than we can really afford. My washing machine went out and my dryer eats clothes, leaving black marks or holes. I got a ticket on the way to Missouri (only because I was being really careful and trying not to get a ticket) that needs to be paid tomorrow. Isaac is not doing really well with school and is still having trouble making friends, nor is he getting along well with his step-dad.

What it amounts to is, my prayers are not enough. Please fast and pray for Isaac and Mike. I like to paint a sunny world, but sometimes storms wash away the paint before it dries. Still, the storms bring heaven's rain. Please fast for us.

Thank you.

7 comments:

Kim and family said...

There is nothing more depressing than losing a job in December. We have done that a few too many times. Unfortunately males in a step family environment do have the hardest time getting along. You could ask my brother Matt how many of my mom's boyfriends got along with him. I think there was one. We will keep you in our prayers and maybe a call or visit to the temple to have you on the prayer roll will help as well. It is hard when all the music you hear says its the happiest time of the year and you wonder what time of year they are really singing about. You take care!! You sound like you need lots of love your way-so I send lots!!

Janika said...

Thanks Kim. Hope your girls are all feeling better now.

Unknown said...

Just a note. We stopped praying ever so fervently and now just let life go in it's natural cycle and we are doing quite well. Less prayers have made a better life I think. Just my humble opinion. Don't get me wrong we still pray and go to church. But we don't spend our time wishing and hoping. We just take life as it comes.

Let us know what we can do to help!

Kim and family said...

I hope you had a good Christmas when all is said and done and working retail didn't ruin it for you. I know I had a hard time when I worked retail because people get so cranky and forget the whole Christmas spirit thing. I figured I better also help get the comment quota up so you might respond :) Love ya! Hope all is well.

Unknown said...

So what's the plan? Is he looking for work?

Unknown said...

How are you gydnow???

Unknown said...

Well. . . All your siblings are now in agreement.

You cannot be that busy that you cannot write something especially because YOU ALWAYS have something to teach or SAY! So let's hear it! Whatever it is!