Saturday, April 29, 2006

Non-Disclosure Agreement

Life is great, but I can't tell you about it. I signed a non-disclosure agreement. lol

I spent this week in Tennessee getting business going and checking out the area. I found the area I want to live, and got the real estate contact information. Pending issues with my house here in Marshall, TX, I will be moving out there at the end of the summer.

In the same complex as my business meeting, I found Big Idea Studios, makers of Veggie Tales. Betty at the front desk took some pictures of me with Bob and Larry--the stuffed ones. They couldn't let me into the green room to have their digital images blended with mine.

I am actually and finally updating my blog because I cannot play paintball with Isaac on account of the rain.

I am doing an experiment right now. Have you had your keyboard long enough that there is an indentation from your right thumb on the space bar? My keyboard is so worn out in just over 2 years of use that I really have to feel for the bump on my "J." Anyway, it is taking me a lot longer to type this because I am using my left thumb for the space bar to try and even out the wear on it. Try it as you post comment to me.

I am nearly obsessive compulsive about even wear. To save my new carpets, I will walk closest to the coffee table, where the majority of foot traffic does not go. Going up the stairs, I will walk as close to the wall as possible because everybody else goes right down the middle. Of course, I haven't had new carpets in a while, so that is not a current obsession. What are your obsessive behaviors?

3 comments:

Kim and family said...

sounds ocd to me. I have issues with how my cups go in the cupboard. One day one of the girls reversed the sides that the tall and short glasses went and it took all the restraint I had to let it be. My clothes are hung in the closet the same direction,fronts of shirts face to the left, on plastic hangers colorized and by style of shirt. My hangers are white and Lee Joe's are green. I have been reading a book on perfectionism so I can let some things go.

Anonymous said...

My Kids Toys Have to be in there right spots, and there shoes in the proper bucket, Cleve's uniforms have to be on the white hangers. And the dishes have to be loaded just right in the dishwasher.

Janika said...

Kim and Amanda,

My dishes always go in exactly the same place in the dishwasher when I am doing it too. I think there is a difference between being organized and being obsessive, though. If I was obsessive, I would not let my children do the dishes without making sure that they put them all in the right place. I have completely given up on the cabinents. It used to be that every dish was always in the same place. My house could be a mess, but my cabinets would be clean and organized because it doesn't matter what other people think. It is what is on the inside that counts. Right?

Now I let the kids put away the dishes. So I no longer have the hypocricy of messy on the outside, organized on the inside. I am an all around mess.