Sunday, April 30, 2006

More OCD

Another thing I am obsessive about, as far as even wear goes, is on my microwave. Instead of pushing the 1 or the 2 all the time for the quick cook feature, I will use a combination of any of the numbers after 3 and stop the microwave before the time runs out. The only trouble with that is, it puts extra wear on the start and cancel buttons, so I only do it in moderation. I also make sure to evenly distribute use of my stovetop burners.

I am realizing this obsession is serious. It extends to the highway at times as well. Sometimes--not too often--I will drive with one tire exactly in the middle of the lane where most people's tires don't usually go. I dont' do it that often though because that makes the other tire drive exactly on the center or white line, and I don't want to wear those out either. Oncoming traffic is scarcely a factor.

My bed must be carefully slept on as well. Yes I rotate the mattress to avoid uneven wear. But I make sure to sleep at the edges and middle at different times. When I am sitting on my bed, I try to sit where my knees and calves would be if I was lying down because those parts of my body are not as heavy and don't wear as much on the mattress.

Should I see a professional?

6 comments:

fritz said...

Living with a woman who has it, I can say with some degree of certainty that you have a severe case of OCD - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It is not easily self treated and usually requires a lot of professional help.

pianofritz2.blogspot.com

If you wish to continue this, leave your e-mail address after you read the article "Religious Slaves".

Janika said...

Fritz,

I can't leave anything on your blog. Where did you come from? (New Orleans, I gather.) How did you find me. Email to lynelle90@yahoo.com.

Kim and family said...

A resounding YES!!!!!

Maryanne said...

you told me about your problem when you came to Tucson. I sure that you are not the only one in the family with itI still try to keep from brushing my hair anywere but my home so I don't leave my DNA. You forgot to mention you never take the same path to any room because you don't want to leave heavy traffic wear on your carpet. I love my little ocd sister.

Unknown said...

I'm a clean fanatic and my house bugs me all the time becasue it's never as clean as I want it to be with 3 kids. Oh and MaryAnne. . .you left a hair!
Janika. . .Frits has and automatic response to anyone that posts OCD on their blod. . .I can tell that by the message. They are trying to recruit you and make money off you [somehow].
Oh and by the way you weigh too little to do any harm to your mattress. We rotate ours quite often. after 9 years it's seen better days though. My stakcs and piles and stashes drive me bonkers, But I feel they aren't so bad if they are straight. Like paperwork. It sucks to have a big house becsue there is soo much more to clean! and so many more places to pile things up. I just need to stop shopping and having birthday parties for the kids.

Yamaha Drummer said...

You are a crazy lady, but I'm not saying that because of your OCD! Come find me.

yamahadrummer.blogspot.com