Friday, May 06, 2011

Skembox

I knew I had not blogged in a while, but I just realized it has been three full months. Mike is still working out of town and coming home on the weekends. He should be done with it by the end of June.

I wen to Utah in March the twins and I visited Devanie during spring break. I took our new puppy, Tinkerbell. She was very good through the very long ride. She also had a lot of fun with Devanie's little puppy, Jazzy.

The main reason I went was to get the prototype for my toy invention built by the folks at Tanglewood Design. They also made the castle bed that I just installed for the babies. I picked up some of those pieces and had the ones that did not fit in the van shipped to me. About a month later I had everything painted and set up.

The name of the toy is the SkemboX. It is the non-digital toy with as many apps as a smart phone. Of course, me and my development team are still working on the apps, but the existing hardware (really, screws, bolts, MDF, etc.) offers a lot of options to begin with. It is a 2ft. by 4 ft. box with different cutouts on every side to spark a child's imagination. It can even be used as a desk or bookshelf.

I have some business details to take care of before the major launch, but it should be coming soon. I will be sending an email to all of my friends for them to opt in to the Skembox list so I can keep people up to date on product information and give them ideas for using it and playtime ideas that don't even require owning the SkemboX.

Apart from that, I am getting really close to finishing up my bachelors degree. I only have five more classes to take. I really hate my school, but it is too late to leave. I do not think it is the school specifically, but the online atmosphere. It is convenient, but I would really like more human interaction--especially for the price I am paying. But I am going to leave that there. I need to do another assignment before the babies wake up.

No comments: